SINPAIN joining HaDEA lunchtime symposium at ESGCT 2023
We were delighted when we were approached by our EC Project Advisor back in August to join the “Lunchtime symposium” chaired by David Gancberg, Head of Sector- Health innovations and Ecosystems at HaDEA during the 30th Annual Congress of the European Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ESGCT) (https://www.esgctcongress.com/) in October 2023.
Cristian Salvador from SINPAIN coordinator CIDETEC, who also happened to present a poster on "siRNA therapy against lung cancer via polyallylamine oleic acid delivery system" at the congress, was happy to accept the invitation and represent SINPAIN in the symposium.
The symposium on “European Union support for collaborative research in cell and gene therapy – past, present and future” was a public event held on 26 October 2023. After David Gancberg welcoming the participants and giving an introduction, the following projects took the opportunity to present themselves and interconnect:
- Project cmRNAbone: 3D Printed-Matrix Assisted Chemically Modified RNAs Bone Regenerative Therapy for Trauma and Osteoporotic Patients (represented by Martin Stoddart, AO-Forschungsinstitut Davos, Switzerland)
- Project EDITSCD: Evaluation of genome-editing approaches for sickle cell disease (represented by Annarita Miccio, Institut Imagine, France)
- Project HEALIKICK: A modular strategy for the repair of critical sized bone fractures (represented by Manuel Salmeron-Sanchez, University of Glasgow, UK)
- Project SINPAIN: A game changer for the treatment of osteoarthritis: a cost effective combined advanced therapy to treat knee osteoarthritis (represented by Cristian Salvador, Fundacion Cidetec, Spain)
- Project geneTIGA: Gene-edited T cells combating IgA Nephropathy. A blueprint approach for safe & efficient genome editing of T cells to sustainably combat several immune diseases and cancers related to B-cell pathology (represented by Dimitrios L. Wagner, Charité - Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Germany)
We were particularly happy to meet our friends and colleagues from cmRNAbone and HEALIKICK with whom we have clustered up back in September at a workshop connected to the ESB 2023 in Davos, Switzerland.